Thursday, November 09, 2006

T.G.I. Thursday

Today is the last day of the work week for me, thank you for Veteran's Day and thank you to all of our veterans. So I almost had a major melt down last night, but I took a breathe, remembered all the things that I have in my life to be grateful for and only had a minor meltdown instead. Our drywallers were supposed to be done by tomorrow so I could spend the day painting, but they didn't come to work yesterday which sets them back until the beginning of next week. that wouldn't be a problem if our new floor wasn't getting installed on Wed. morning. Once I had my freak out, I calmed myself and remembered that if all else fails we can just put tarps down on the new floor and paint that way. The whole kitchen process was going too smoothly so I knew something had to go wrong.

I'm not going to get into great detail about my second meltdown yesterday, but for anyone who reads this, please say a little prayer for my dad who has to go to SYR today to see a special doctor.

With that all said, now tomorrow I will at least be able to paint the cupboards and rake the lawn while Seth is at the sitters. Some areas will get accomplished. We are also going to get Seth his first shoes this weekend. My grandmother insists on buying them and making sure we get him Stride Rites, she is 78 and whatever makes her happy makes us all happy.

I dug out another fun recipe for any weekend munching!

Grilled Potato Skins

2 large baking potatoes
2 tbsp melted butter
salt/pepper/garlic salt
1 cup shredded cheese
bacon pieces
green onions chopped fine

1. Cut each potato lengthwise into 4 wedges. Cut away the white portion leaving 1/4 inch in the potato skin. Place skins in the micro on high for 8-10 minutes or until tender.
2. Combine melted butter, salt, pepper, and garlic salt and brush over both sides of the skins.
3. Grill skin side up uncovered over medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
4. Turn them over and grill for 2 more minutes. Top with cheese, cover and grill 2 minutes longer.
5. Sprinkle bacon and onion and serve with sour cream.

So easy and so delicious!

If I don't get back to the computer until Monday have a great weekend to all!

2 comments:

nina beana said...

hey mama-
thinking of you and your beautiful fam. you'll make it through this kitchen thing soon enough! and love to your dad. xo

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your 3 day weekend, and I hope all is well w/ your dad.
Stride-Rite is such an old-school shoe place....my mom insisted on getting G&D their first shoes, and they had to be from there.
Take care... :)