Monday, November 27, 2006

So LONG...

It has been so long since I was able to sit down and blog that I don't even know where to start. Thanksgiving week was crazy/hectic/fun. It started out with Parent/Teacher conferences on M & T. They all went well except for the fact that one parent told me that she does not think reading and writing are important, only math and science and I was so in awe of her comment that I didn't know what to say. Had I had my head on straight I would have looked at her and said well, how the hell do you think your son is going to be able to learn his math and science without being able to read or write. Some people are so ignorant it is crazy. Luckily that was my final conference so after that I headed to my friend Erin's to visit and see baby Storm. He has gotten so big and so cute.


Wednesday I rented to rug doctor and doctored up our carpets that were in desperate need of some TLC. That machine is much tougher then I thought, but they came out so well. The rugs almost look new, well sort of new. They look better. Then, Wednesday night my parents and my brother and his girlfriend came over for some pre-Thanksgiving eats. We had three different appetizers and fondue for dessert. I'm totally hooked on the fondue and I love to have it when company comes over.


Thanksgiving day was so beautiful and warm outside. We went to Ro's parents and had a great meal, except the joke of the day was that Ro's mom put the turkey in upside down. She just thought that the turkey she picked out didn't come with a popper, but ultimately it was in upside down. Still tasted great, but we harassed her a bit. We took Seth for a long walk and Lext tired him out too!


Friday we braved the mall for a little bit just to get out and then we took Seth out to dinner for the 1st time. He did well. His newest thing is to yell or grunt or something like that when he wants more food. It is funny and embarrassing at the same time. He tried haddock, baked potato, and a roll.

Saturday is a blur and Sunday we took Seth to the Christmas parade and then to Channel 7 to shoot his holiday commercial. He had the biggest smile on and they gave him his 1st Christmas present. It was a great mini vacation and now we ar back to our normal routine.

I have to report 2 funny events from today...

1. I picked Seth up at Pat's and she was holding his arm and apologizing because Hanna a little 18 month old had bitten Seth and left definate teeth marks. I wasn't too worried, but Pat felt just horrible. I was surprised that he hadn't bitten her back. His temper is getting worse and worse.

2. I left Seth alone for 2 minutes and when I came back I found him in the 1/2 bath. He had opened the toilet seat, thrown his formula canister in the toilet and was playing in the water. He thought it was a grand old time!

So that is an update on the Charlton household, I hope you all enjoyed!





2 comments:

nina beana said...

i loved reading this and catching up with you! it was almost as good as the real thing...but i'd much rather be on your couch, munching on some fondue- catching up that way.

joey's bday is dec. 15th! i can't freakin' believe that he's going to be one. in.sane.

AMANDA said...

I am so happy you are back. i really missed reading your blog.
and no, i didn't get any mail from you. but our mail lady is a crackhead, so things tend to arrive late, or from a neghbor who accidently got our mail. i'll have to post some stories about her sometime, and i will, b/c there are some good ones. :)