Monday, November 13, 2006

Paint Paint and More Paint...

Friday night we had the BEST dinner out. 1st because we were with good friend and good conversation and 2nd because the meal was to die for! So good! Tin Pan has to be one of the best restaurants. We also decided amongst the group to do New Years Eve at our house. We are going to cook up lobster for the adults and hot dogs for the kids and have fun without worrying about drinking and driving! Should be a great night to look forward to.
Saturday was a milestone of a day. First, Seth, my mom, and I got completely soaked on our walk in the morning, and then we went shopping for Seth's 1st pair of shoes. My grandmother insisted on buying Seth his first shoes and they had to be Striderites. When we got to Avon we found the cutest pair. They look sort of like bowling/dress/brown shoes and at first Seth hated them and cried, but once he got used to them he was all set. Plus, he wears a 6 1/2 extra wide, they had to be special ordered!

They are too cute!



Not too sure yet!




Unfortunately I have no pictures to show of our paint progress at this time because we were so exhausted by the end of yesterday I couldn't upload them to the computer. I'll try and do that tonight. The drywallers finished on Sunday at about 11:30 and away we went with our paint. All I can see in my head is red paint, brown paint, primer paint, cream paint, ahhhh! Needless to say we did a lot of painting and in shifts. Ro painted while Seth and I ran errands and I painted while Ro took a break and Seth napped. Tonight our goal is to paint the ceiling and to do touch ups tomorrow before the floor gets installed on Wednesday! It is all coming together and I can't wait until it is done and the mess is GONE!
Here is a great recipe if you are a potato lover like I am!
Scalloped Taters
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup butter melted
1 package frozen cubed hash browns
salt/pepper
crushed corn flakes
1. In a large bowl combine hash browns, soup, milk, cheese, butter, salt, and pepper.
2. Pour into greased slow cooker. Cook and cover for 4-5 hours on low or until potatoes are tender.
3. Just before serving combine cornflake crumbs and a little more butter and bake in a pie plate for 4-6 minutes on 350 or until golden brown. Stir the potatoes and sprinkle on the crumb topping!

No comments: