Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Catching Up!

I'm sure that most of you have read the fotolog and know that Seth and I are doing much better now. We are both back to work and the sitters and hopefully in for a full recovery soon! Yesterday the drywallers put the first coat of mud on the kitchen and it is starting to come together. I never realized how much I disliked the smell of that mud though, it is nasty! Also on a positive note, my report cards are done and handed in and actually early so I can now relax a bit. Tonight we head to the Charlton's for dinner. It has actually been a royal pain without a kitchen, but also nice not having to cook for a bit. As promised, I dug out the cookbooks and I'll be back online for recipes for a few days. I am very happy that some of you are using them and spicing up your dinner hours!

Chicken Manicotti

1 tbsp garlic powder
1 1/2 lbs of boneless chicken breasts cut up
16 uncooked manicotti shells
2 jars of spag sauce of your choice
4 cups of mozzarella cheese
2/3 cup water

1. Sprinkle garlic powder all over chicken chunks
2. Stuff uncooked chicken into manicotti tubes.
3. Spread 1 cup spag sauce in each of 2 greased baking dishes.
4. Place 8 shells in each dish and pour the remaining sauce on top of the shells and drizzle water around the endge of the dish and sprinkle cheese on top. Cover and bake for 60 minutes at 375. For a variation you can also sprinkle mushrooms and sausage on top as well. Very easy and great for leftovers!

We thought this was too funny, this is an actual peak name in Lake Placid, "Nipple Top"! It doesn't take much to get a laugh out of us!

Happy Hump Day to All!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great, you got me sitting here cracking up again like a 4th grader with Nipple Top. Grace and Denny are looking at me like i have finally lost it.