Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Random Thought

I just realized that 11 years ago today Roland and I got engaged. He asked me to marry him on my birthday my first year of teaching. He got up super early and made breakfast and he had the ring hidden under the couch. He was so nervous, but finally got the courage and popped the question. He then drove me to work and I was on cloud nine all day long! Ahhhh the memories!

11 years later he is still surprising me. He drove to Clayton today and surprised me and took me to lunch and gave me my big birthday gift...SNOW SHOES! I can't wait to get out there and try them out this weekend! That winter fat is going to disappear if I have anything to say about it!

Thank you honey I love you tons! xoxoxo

6 comments:

KristenC said...

HAPPPY HAPPPY BIRTHDAY to one of my favorite persons in the whole world! You are like a sister to me and I love you to pieces!

Laurie said...

You are so blessed to have such a wonderful husband! Maybe I should move to Watertown because men like him don't seem to exist anywhere I've ever been!

Anonymous said...

So glad you have a wonderful day (except for the fact that you had to work!)!! Neat story too!! Don't think I've heard that one and/or remember that!!
Love-E

Justin said...

Happy Birthday, sis! Glad you had such a good day and that I got to see you! Love you!

Jen said...

I never knew this! What a great birthday memory!

P.S. YOU ARE NOT FAT!!!!!

The North Country Sweets said...

Woot Woot!!!! Happy day and what great surprises! BTW...have NO idea what winter fat you speak of (written with one hand while eating more chili and jalapeno poppers...)