Monday, June 14, 2010

Maiden Voyage

The weather finally cooperated and we were able to get out for a boat ride yesterday. This picture below of the two kids is just fantastic and it makes me smile looking at it. I can hardly believe that we have two kids and that they are old enough to be in these life jackets, walking around the boat snacking up a storm. It is just wonderful!

I have to dig it out, but I have a very similar picture of Seth in this same life jacket when he was about 2 going on Aunt Sheryl's boat for the first time. He was so much chubbier and could not even move his neck in it though.
Our captain trying to get his sea legs!
I enjoyed every moment out there in the fresh air and water!
It was a tough call, when we sat in the sun it was warm and when we got going it was chilly so we kept putting on and taking off our sweatshirts. We stopped at one point and had a little picnic lunch.
Seth looks so funny with his coat over his life jacket!
Beaner!
This is how Seth took his nap after his afternoon on the lake. Right smack in the middle of our bed with no pillow or blankets. When I woke him up at 4:45 he was still exhausted and super grouchy!

3 comments:

Mom xoxo said...

Yay for Ro , I think he's got it!!! Can't wait to go! xooxooox Mom

Jen said...

I can't wait to go for a ride someday! Looks like fun!

The North Country Sweets said...

CONGRATS!!! YOu did it! I love the spray of the water...you get all "crinkly" feeling...and nothing like a wiped out kiddo!