Monday, June 14, 2010

Happy Retirement!

Friday night I went to my first retirement party in the ten years that I have worked for TI. It wasn't that I didn't love all of the previous retirees, but it never worked out that I could go before. So the retirement party was at Maggie's on Friday night and it was super fun to get to chat and have some cocktails with people I work with, but hardly every see let alone get to gab for hours with. Let me tell you our conversations were colorful and not the type of stuff we would talk about in the faculty room. We all had tons of laughs and I think that we all needed it after another year! Bonnie Perkins, our speech teacher is retiring and one of her favorite sayings is, "Oh, my aching ass!" so they made her a special gift to remind her of that.
Then we had some fun with the gift!
Here are some of the ladies I am lucky enough to work with. We keep each other sane and smiling!

PS~ I think I ate my weight in Bang Bang Shrimp at Maggie's Friday night too!

1 comment:

The North Country Sweets said...

I always wondered what teachers talked about and did in the faculty rooms...but hmmmm, now you're going out and partying it up!? hshahahhaa