Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Savoring our Final Moments

Yesterday was such a beautiful day that I decided to take my two favorite kids to the zoo for the morning. I told Seth that we were going on a surprise outing and away we went. He was thrilled when we pulled into the parking lot at the zoo. We also lucked out because we saw a ton of animals. The temperature was so perfect that the animals were all out and roaming around. I am not sure who was more excited, myself or Seth. It was so nice to go with just us for a change because I didn't have to yell at him for running and he actually took the time to look for all the animals. It was a GREAT morning!
We had the BEST time in the butterfly house. We saw all sorts of butterflies and cocoons too!Seth was fascinated by the cocoons and asked all sorts of questions.
Seth was being such a good big brother, he kept moving the stroller around to make sure that Leah got a good view of the animals. It was priceless.
When all was said and done we had a little picnic lunch on the lawn out front.
I have been definitely savoring each and every moment during this last week of vacation. I am dreading going back to work. I am truly lucky to be a teacher and have soooooo much time off, but in a perfect world I would stay home for the next 5 years while my two little ones are home. I bet you never thought those words would come out of my mouth! Since I can't I will continue to enjoy each day that I am home with them.

No comments: