Sunday, September 06, 2009

Letterboxing Sackets Style

Over the summer The Gilbert's and The Charlton's placed a letterbox in Sackets and since then I have been checking on it to see if anyone has found it and to make sure that it is still hidden in the right spot. It is, but upon checking in on it on Friday we found the CRAZIEST letter and item placed in it. The letter went something to the effect of how great letterboxing is and how great we were for placing it in Sackets blah blah blah.... At the end it said "PS: Enjoy the canibis, don't misuse the "gift"!! So I look in the bottom of the box and sure enough there it is. I was floored and I very quickly grabbed it and threw it in the lake. Why do people have to ruin a good thing? Anyhow, our letterbox is now clean and ready for the next person to find it.

After that we headed towards the clues for the second letterbox that is now in Sackets. Let me tell you, the clues are tough and finding it was even tougher. Friends of ours said it was easy and they found it no problem so I guess the lesson I learned was that my Mom and I can't go alone if the clues are tricky because we had to call Kristen for her help. Once we were in the right location is was no problem.

We had a great day in Sackets, we walked, searched and ate at Chrissy Beanz!

1 comment:

Sarah Richards said...

What a great pic of your mom and the kids!! I think we need to try our hand at letterboxing!