Monday, July 13, 2009

PA '09

Words can not express what a fabulous time we had on our 1st family vacation with 4! We were warmly welcomed by Kristen's family with open doors, beds and hearts, plus tons and tons of food! It was so wonderful to stay at a house fully equip with ALL the necessary baby supplies. We didn't have to bring a single thing for Leah. Seth and Jacob had the run of the house and Nana Mary took such great care of them. I took 134 pictures in 4 days so I will share a few of the best...
We started out the vacation trying to find a letterbox near Kristen's parents house. After a very long and buggy walk we were unsuccessful and totally bummed, but we tried!
So then we went for ice cream to a place called Blue Ribbon. It was the most amazing ice cream I have ever had and I don't even usually like ice cream. We liked it so much that we went back on Saturday night too!
On Friday we headed to Sesame Place and it was the best park I have ever been to for kids. It was the perfect size and the kids had the BEST time. (the parents had an amazing time too!) It's fun to be a kid again.
Seth and Jacob are finally old enough for water rides so they took full advantage. They even went on a smaller roller coaster and loved it too!
Thank goodness it was one of the only 80 degree days of the summer so they could enjoy the water to the fullest.
Seth and Roland lounged in the lazy river while Leah and I people watched. I found a prime location for people watching while Leah had her lunch. I saw some very interesting characters.
Seth has absolutely no fear of characters in full on costume and he flocked to any and all of his friends from Sesame Street.
A sweet treat to finish off lunch. Seth took one bite of the frosting and said he was full. I was totally fine with that and finished it myself. It was delicious!
Leah loved the water and the people watching too! She looks too cute in that bathing suit. (Thanks Maya for letting her use it this summer!)
Next summer she will be running around in the water and having all sorts of fun! Watch out boys she will be coming after you soon.
With no nap and a full day of water this is what Seth looked like at the hotel at 8pm on Friday night. He was out like a light!
On Saturday we went to the Please Touch Museum in Philly and we told Seth specifically that he would not hear us say "You can't touch that!" at all that day. He was told to explore any and everything he could. He was in heaven!
Yes, that is me in a giant human size hamster wheel. I held my own pretty well! See, even the adults could play!
Roland and Seth had a tea party in the Alice in Wonderland exhibit at the Please Touch.
Grocery shopping with Daddy while Seth cashed him out.
I have soooooo many more wonderful pictures that I'd like to share with you. The trip was just so much fun and we have so many wonderful memories to take away from it. We are so lucky to have met The Castana's and to have been able to go on this trip with them. We were able to see where they come from and have a window into their world. We plan to take many more family trips together over the years and to come and visit them wherever the army may take them. Although I'd like the army to permanently station them right here for ever and ever.
I will post a few more of the best pics from the trip tomorrow. There are some that are extremely funny of Roland playing dress up at the museum so stay tuned!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Looks like you guys had an amazing trip. I hope we can go someday and explore all the Sesame Place has to offer.

Seth looks SO comfy in that big bed, I just want to crawl in next to him and go to sleep :)

Sarah Richards said...

Looks like you guys had a great time!