Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Checking In

** I went for my second golf lesson last night with Kristen and if you can believe it...I am definitely improving! I feel much much better about my stance and my swing and I think I only missed about 10 shots out of two huge buckets of balls. It all started to click. Now I need to work on my distance. I'm hitting only about 75 yards, but it is up and straight so I am happy. We go back next week for our third lesson and we are working on distance and putting.

**We want to wish a special belated Happy Birthday to our niece Elise. We sent her wishes yesterday, but I didn't have time to post on the blog. She is now 5 and will head off to kindergarten this fall. Where does the time go??

** The packing for our trip is complete and we will be ready to head out tomorrow morning. Pray that Leah sleeps in the car or else it might be a long 3 hours. We are headed to Kristen's parents on Thursday, Sesame Place on Friday, the Please Touch Museum on Saturday and then back to Kristen's parents for a second overnighter and home on Sunday at some point. We are very excited to be going somewhere new so I am sure that I will have tons and tons of pics to share.

** In case I don't get a chance to post tomorrow morning we would also like to wish Sarah a Happy Birthday. We won't even discuss that she isn't even 30 yet and she still has a couple of years in her 20s. Have a great day and we will celebrate at dinner next weekend. I'll make reservations when I return from our trip.

** If it stops raining we are headed to the Farmer's Market. YES, it is raining here again!

2 comments:

Sarah Richards said...

Thanks! I know this sounds stupid...but here it goes...this is a hard birthday.I have my 28th bday and my 10 yr hs reunion all in 1 week! I am getting old!

Have fun on your trip and maybe we will see you at the farmers market...if the dumb rain goes away!!!!!

Jen said...

I can't believe you're done packing a whole day before your trip. You're amazing. I'm usually still tossing stuff in the bags as we're running out the door. Nice job!