Monday, July 20, 2009

Leah's Baptism

Sunday was Leah's special day. She was surrounded by the most important people in her life who love her to death and the day couldn't have been more perfect. She slept all through church, smiled while oil and water were poured on her head, grabbed the book out of Father's hand while he was trying to baptize her and was a gem at her party. I couldn't have asked for a more sweet little girl.
Leah slept through the entire mass which completely shocked me!
Leah wore my baptism dressing that my grandmother purchased in Portugal back in 1978. It was worn my myself, my cousin Emily and my cousin Molly. I will now keep it wrapped tightly in blue plastic until the next baby girl is born in our family.
My brother was in charge of my camera and did a great job taking pictures!
The proud godparents Jen and Brad
Leah is one lucky girl to have so many wonderful and loving grandparents
The newest family pic to date!
Miss Leah and her Auntie Kristen!
Jen's god parent giftie!
Brad's god parents giftie!
My girls!
Leah and her fairy godmother. I have to take a picture of the gift that Jen got Leah. I cried big old tears when I opened it and read it. It is a truly wonderful and special gift!
Roland with two very special ladies; my mom and my grandma!
I have been waiting very patiently to put this dress on Leah. I LOVE IT!
My Dad, Sue and my sister Dayna enjoyed the sun and the warmth finally!

Thank you to everyone who came to share Leah's baptism with us. We love you all and we thank you for the wonderful gifts that you gave her too. She has more money for her college fund and some very special gifts to remember this day by.

2 comments:

Sarah Richards said...

So glad that the weather cooperated for you!

Voyage to Russia said...

Great Pictures! Looks like you are having a great summer.