Thursday, July 02, 2009

Mommy/Seth Day

Today was the first time since Leah was born that I actually took a whole day to spend with Seth and only Seth. While I was on maternity leave I couldn't bare to leave Leah so now that she is used to going to Pat's we are going to try and do a bi-weekly special Seth day. Seth took full advantage of his day starting from the moment that Roland took Leah out the door. We watched Happy Feet, colored, worked in our Pre-school workbooks and since it was a rainy day we had to revert to plan B which was to go to the mall to the new pottery store and paint pottery. Seth looked over all the options and in the end he picked a dinosaur to paint.
Seth was able to pick out the colors, the brushes and paint it any way that he wanted to. We will pick up the finished product in a couple of weeks. After our painting we grabbed a pretzel, ran into his teacher for the fall and then went to the arcade where he thought that spending 8 quarters was like a million dollars. In the end he got a tootsie roll pop and three tootsie rolls with his winning tickets. He was happier than I have seen him in a while! Right now he is currently napping and I was able to sit on the couch in total quiet for over an hour before I started working on my master list of things to accomplish! How come that list never gets any shorter??
It was a great day with my little man, I hope that he enjoyed his mommy time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous...I wish I could have went with you, but then again if I did, it would defeat the purpose of "Mommy/Seth Day". I love that you both had a great day, it makes me smile.

Love Ya Both-Ro