Friday, August 29, 2008

Toby Keith the 3rd Time Around

Last night I went to see Toby Keith for the third time and I have to tell you I'd see him again in a heartbeat. He puts on the BEST concert and even though you have heard his songs over and over, they keep getting better and you still want to keep singing as loud as you can! For his encore he played his two songs that are dedicated to the American soldiers and I have never been so moved in all my life. My friend Kristen's husband is over in Iraq for his 3rd tour so these songs meant the world to her, of course she started crying so I started crying, which got me to really think about the words and about her husband and what all of the soldiers are sacrificing. It was very emotional.

To back track a bit, before all of the concert festivities we got their early to walk around a bit, people watch and eat some good old fair food. That is exactly what we did and I have some interesting pics to prove it!
Deep fried snickers bar, sooooooo yummy!Scary little man trying to get us to go in the haunted house! Seriously you can eat just about anything at the fair!!!

Kristen: Beer 1 of 5, poor girl had to go to the

concert with 2 pregnant friends, but she made the most of it!

We all had a great time and we've created memories to last a lifetime. I guess it was the last hoorah for the summer, the rain has come in today so we will have to find some fallish activities to do!

No comments: