Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Get Your Mind Out of the Gutter

Tuesday nights are golf league night for Ro and Tom so my mom and I try to plan dinner together from time to time. Last night she had my grandparents and Seth and I for dinner at her house. Late in the spring Tom and Mom planted a little (or so they thought) garden with Seth. So all summer long we have been waiting patiently for the fruits of their labor to produce and boy have they!

Their little garden massively grew and grew and this is the result!


Seriously, these cukes are HUGE. Huge scary, but delicious!

My grandparents also have a garden at home and apparently it must not be doing as well because my Gram kept saying to my Gramp, "Well, how come our cukes are so small?"

It was an adrenaline rush looking for all the veggies because they seem to hide until that moment when you see them and you are so utterly excited to pick them. I just kept saying, "I found ANOTHER one!" It was so much fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHO's mind is in the gutter?? I think you've got a picture on your phone you could have added to this post :)

Anonymous said...

I was just going to say. About what size are these cukes? grandpa ..... size. Milk story to come. Miss Voss knows what's up.