Monday, August 07, 2006

IHC Class of '96: 10 Year Reunion!


What a busy busy weekend, but what fun. We had our ups, downs, sick times, and healthy times. This weekend will definately be remembered.
Friday night was the first night of my ten year reunion and we went out to the bars for the first time in literally 15 months so needless to say we didn't think with our heads too much. I caught up with some old high school friends, sang, danced and drank WAY too much and paid for it in the morning. We needed to remind ourselves that we are not 21 any longer, but it was fun to think we were for one night!

Saturday I went to my girlffriend Erin's baby shower and I have never seen someone so appreciative in all my life. She is sooooo excited to have this baby and this baby is so lucky to have his/her new parents.

When I got home from the baby shower we packed up ourselves and the baby and we were off. My mom offered to keep Seth overnight so that we could have a mini get-a-way. We booked a room at the Riveredge, it was the most amazing room overlooking the river with all the boats surrounding us, it was perfect. So perfect that I wanted to skip my reunion and sit out on the balcony all night!

I want to say a very special thank you to my mom for taking on the task of keeping Seth over night, along with Seth for being such a great baby for Grammy!! We were so appreciative for a night with the two of us! It was great!

Here are some reunion pics of my closest friends!

This is mny best guy friend from high school, Alex. He and his girlfriend Laura drove in from D.C. and we were so happy to see them and catch up. Alex was a Capitol Police Officer in D.C. and has just taken a job at the Capitol building doing security clearance for members of Congress. I try to understand it, but it is above my head. They even stopped over to meet Seth on Sunday!

This is Katie, my maid of honor, and now Dr. Clough, she just graduated from NYU Dental School and she has moved back to good old Watertown to work for 2 years and is getting married in '08.

Saturday night was fun, but a little overwelming at the same time. It was fun to see some old faces and catch up, but even more interesting to see how some people grew up and others were the same. It was also interesting to see the same old cliques sticking together. I guess we will now wait another 5 years to see what happens at our 15th!


This is Ro with my 2 bestest friends from high school Katie and Alex. If you can believe it, Alex used to have long curly hair and I used to put it up in pig tails, he hates it when I tell people that, but hey it's memories!!

I hope that this catches everyone up to speed on our lives for the past week. Today Seth and I went to story time at the library and then for breakfast at Chessy (Nin, I had a bagel for you!!). Now he is napping and I'm getting some little things done for myself!!

1 comment:

AMANDA said...

What a great weekend. I skipped my 10-year reunion b/c I was prego w/ Denny. Stupid reason I know, and now I wish I would have went. I'm so happy you and Ro were able to get a night away together. Keep that flame burning, girl! Have a good week.