Monday, April 22, 2013

Happiness is...

Happiness is what you make of it and this weekend was a wonderful, old friend filled, end of the ELA dance party filled, planting new life filled, healthy food filled, smiley pigtail filled,  Sunday fat family dinner filled kind of weekend that I really needed.
 The NYS ELA was beyond rigorous this year and by the end of the week I'm not sure who was more of a zombie, the teachers or the students. At any event, Friday was a day to celebrate of end of a long week. What better way to celebrate then a good old dance party in my classroom. The kids truly crack me up with their moves and I love the fact that they aren't too "cool" to dance together. Our song selections included , The Harlem Shake, The Cupid Shuffle, Gangnam Style and The Cotton Eyed Joe. Fun was had by all and it was just what the doctor ordered.
 Saturday, Roland had to work so the kids and I ran some errands and planted some mini tomato and strawberry plants. They are very excited to see them start to grow.
 Staying in tune with my (semi) health kick we had some healthy snacks before our delish dinner on Saturday night. I'm borderline addicted to this entire display of food and if you look in my lunch bag right now you would see this exact picture in a smaller version. How long until lunch?
 We are growing Leah's hair out and it is almost long enough to completely fit into pig tails so we did a trial run yesterday and this picture melts my heart. She is so stinking cute I can't stand it.
I unfortunately didn't take any pictures from our Charlton family dinner last night, but the kids had an utter blast with their cousins and have already planned their next get together.
Here is to another long NYS assessment kind of week. Let's keep the happy thoughts coming.

1 comment:

The North Country Sweets said...

You are so cute with the hummus! And go Leah Go! One day she'll have hair like rapunzel and the days of gluing bows to her head will be a distance fond memory!