Friday, April 12, 2013

Daily Inspirations

When will this disease end, when will they raise enough money to find a cure, when will the madness stop. You often hear more people than less that have been taken from us and it isn't fair. If you need me to throw a good old fashioned temper tantrum I will because I have had enough. There are far too many people suffering from this god awful disease and or who have passed on then there should be. A wonderful, gentle and amazing person I work with lost his wife this week. She had been battling this disease for 6.5 years. She spoke to a friend of mine recently and said something that sticks out in my brain. She said that when she was diagnosed she was given 1000s of options for treatment. That lead to 100s which lead to 10 and finally she was taken too soon. She left behind an amazing husband and a beautiful 6 year old daughter. My heart has been breaking this week as I think about that family and what they are going through. It makes me also hug my kids and Ro a bit tighter and make sure they know how much I love them. Each day is a gift, keep saying it and living it. You just never know. RIP Colleen Bashaw. You will be greatly missed. For those of you battling this disease, fight your heart out and don't give up hope.

No comments: