Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Daily Inspirations

Friendships are hard at any age. I listen to my 5th graders as they stress about who is mad at who and who won't talk to them. It's funny to realize that friendships are tough at all ages. Life is constantly changing on a daily basis and as I get older I truly realize that it doesn't matter how often you speak to your friends, it's the friends that you can go months without speaking to and then pick right up where you last left off like no time has passed at all. Those are the true friends. We go through so many stages in our lives and at this point with our kids growing, making new friends, playing new sports, etc you have to roll with the fact that you might not speak to those you used to on a daily basis. It doesn't mean you are mad or that you don't want to be friends any longer, but that at this stage things have changed a bit. You will definitely know which of those friendships are lasting if you can just pick up at anytime and they will be there to chat, text or get together. I also deal with the dilemma of one sided friendships. Those relationships where you feel like one side is always making the effort. How do you know when to cut your loss and realize that is just wasn't meant to be? In either event, I am truly lucky to have some wonderful lasting friendships, near and far. I cherish those that I speaking to daily, weekly, monthly or yearly.

No comments: