Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Daily Inspirations

Coming back from vacation has been tough at my school. We have two staff members who have close family members with either Stage 4 cancer or are on hospice. My heart feels like it is carrying the weight of the world in it and I tear up constantly as I think of these wonderful families and what they are going through. I can cook, shop for gift cards and give hugs, but it just doesn't feel like enough. I'm counting my blessings today and everyday and letting all the crappy foolish stuff in my life go. It doesn't matter. I have a happy, healthy and safe family to go home to and I plan to embrace it. Count your blessings each and everyday and let everything else go. Live, laugh and love. Each day is a gift.

1 comment:

The North Country Sweets said...

Oh Jen, I'm so sorry about this news...if you need anything let me know, there is such a thing as compassion fatigue you know...when you start carrying others' burdens...take time to ride your bike and enjoy this sun!