Monday, March 18, 2013

Luck of the Irish Weekend

 We decided that despite the cold and I mean COOOOLLD temperatures on Saturday that we would bundle up and head to the St. Patty's Run downtown. It was our first time participating so we were excited to meet up with the group from Knickerbocker. Seth was able to get a picture with kids from his school and his gym teacher Mr. V. Sophia tagged along with us too. She, Seth, Roland and Leah actually ran the 2.2 in 27 minutes. I was thrilled for them. My mom and I power walked it in 31 minutes. Not too bad.
 On Sunday we rounded off the weekend with Noey's birthday party. The kids ran around and had an utter blast. It was just what the doctor ordered. The ski season is over, but they still have all sorts of energy to burn off. This was the perfect opportunity to run and play.
The start of this week is just the kids and myself. Roland is out of town working the Jersey Shore. Well, he isn't "working" it in the sense you might be thinking (dirty minds). He is working with a large team from Pepsi to bring the brand back to the shore. In one week Pepsi has switched 56 accounts back from Coke. He is very excited to be a part of this experience. We miss him, but he will be home soon enough. While he is gone the kids have proclaimed sleepover nights. Leah slept with me last night (such a kicker) and Seth is snuggling with me tonight. I actually really enjoy this time with them.

1 comment:

The North Country Sweets said...

Did he look for Pauly D and Snookie?