Friday, March 25, 2011

It's OFFICIAL!

With great sadness I announce officially that...

My mom has turned in her retirement notice, her principal and parents have been notified. After 20+ years in the Catholic School System a fantastic teacher will retire. I know I write this with quite a bias, but now that I have had her as a teacher for Seth this year I completely understand what all the hype has been for the past 20 years. She is truly a gifted, creative and talented teacher who puts 110% into her classroom and for her students. Seth has had the most fantastic year not only with Mrs. Puccia his teacher, but with Grandma as well. There has been the perfect balance between the two and I only wish my mom was younger so that she could stick around for another 3 years to have Leah in her class.

I told Miss Mary this morning that she needs to train the upcoming teacher well because in one short year Miss Leah will enter Nursery School. That is SCARY!

My mother's principal wrote a very beautiful letter to all IHC families and in it she covered years of service and what a great asset she is to the school system and she also explained that my mom will love all of the extra time she will have to spend with her grandchildren during her retirement. All in all she looks forward to do whatever whenever she wants!

Another life will start at the end of June and a far less stressful one at that! Enjoy Mom!

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Congrats Mrs. Puccia! I'm so glad Jacob had the chance to have you for a teacher. I know he loves going to school and that's in no small part due to the fact that you are an awesome teacher! The world needs more like you! Enjoy your well-deserved retirement!!

Mom xxxoxox said...

Wow ,thank you Jenni!! What a wonderful tribute, I am tearing right now!! Love you everyday, Mom xoxooxxoo

KristenC said...

I am so glad Jacob was able to have you both years! We will always remember you and where his education began! Thank you for being such a great teacher and friend!