Monday, June 15, 2009

Letterboxing Orientation

Saturday night we took the VERY EXCITED Castana family on two letterboxing adventures. First we headed towards Redwood to what was called "Calling all Mousekateers." Kristen called and asked if we needed to wear sneakers and bug spray. I very quickly said, "No, not this time, it shouldn't be too far in the woods." HA! I learned my lesson. We definitely needed sneakers and the bugs were crazy. We laughed it off though.
The boys were so funny, they kept singing the Laurie Berkner song, "We're Going on a Hunt." Roland even printed them out treasure maps for the car ride.

We found the box...

and opened it up and found the book and stamp! They were so excited when the stamp was a giant Mickey Mouse head!
Kristen took all sorts of notes and stamped her first letterboxing book! The second box was in Alex Bay and it was raining pretty hard by that point, but we pushed on and found it. Leah slept through both treasure hunts,but woke up in time for dinner at Cavalarios Bayside.

** I have some pretty funny pictures of both boys going to the bathroom in the woods, but I decided not to post their naked bums. Jacob said he had to go first and of course whatever Jacob does, Seth has to do too! So I have two of the cutest pics of Seth and Jacob's naked bums in the middle of the forest.

I lots more to share about the weekend when I have more time so stay tuned!

No comments: