Wednesday, May 20, 2009

If Today Was Your Last Day

I've been thinking about this song, driving my hubs nuts by listening to it over and over and really listening to what it is trying to tell people. I think that it has an important message in its lyrics and I have really taken it to heart. Scroll down to my play list and click on the song "If Today Was Your Last Day" by Nickelback, listen to the words and think about your life. Really think!

This past year has been a roller coaster of a year. I have made new friends, lost old friends, been a mom of one and now a mom of two, tried new things, laughed, cried, explored and so much more.

I've done things that I'm not proud of, given up and been given up on. It has truly been a roller coaster. Thank heavens everything happens for a reason and the good has out weighed the bad.

I've spent the better half of the last week or so really thinking about life and having a hard time understanding why certain things happen, but also trying to remember the wonderful people who surround me. I am so lucky to have a big wonderful family who are there for me and my kids whenever we need them. I also finally realize that it is better to have a handful of "real" friends than a entourage of friends who aren't in it for the long haul. It is tough losing friends and not understanding why they choose to leave your life, but everything happens for a reason and I need to finally let go and move on. I may put on a brave face, but actions or lack there of really bother me until I just need to get them out.

I need to live each day like it's my last, enjoy it and have NO REGRETS! I want to eliminate any unnecessary drama and focus on all the wonderful aspects of my life. My son, daughter and my husband. Every second counts!

Each day is a gift and not a given right and I am a very lucky woman! Listen to the song, it might even bring a tear to your eye!

3 comments:

JV said...

I totally agree.
Here's to a drama free summer.
Hopefully.

Anonymous said...

thanks for getting me addicted to a new song! ;)

have a good dayyy!!!!


Kylie!

Bethany said...

You are a blessing to me and my family and we are so lucky to have you as a friend! Drama free is always better!