Tuesday, May 26, 2009

1st BBQ of the Season

On Sunday my Dad hosted the 1st BBQ of the season. Ryan, Katie, Gwen and Elise drove in from Potsdam and Pop Pop is here from NC so it was a festive family gathering. It was also the first time they had all met Miss Leah. The kids played their hearts out and Seth was in his glory to be able to play with Gwen. He says to me on the way to Dad's, "Mommy, I like the big girl!" He was practically glued to her hip the whole time we were there and she was so very patient with him.
My Dad the grill master!

Just a little background on my Dad... he loves to cook but doesn't know how to cook for say 4 people. He only knows how to cook for lets say 20 at a time. He made a GIANT mac salad that could have fed a ton, but that is fine with us because we had seconds and thirds. He has also fed me personally 4 times in the last 6 days. They watched Leah for swim class last Thursday (fed me dinner after), watched Leah on Saturday while I was in Ithaca and Roland and Seth were at Snow Ridge (fed me dinner again), Sunday for the BBQ (fed the whole family) and last but not least tonight we have been invited back over for a good old Buckingham fish fry! I can't wait! I can throw back about 20 perch in no time! So basically I am counting down the minutes until chow time! I am not going to lose my last 5 baby pounds this way, but you only live once!

No comments: