Friday, July 21, 2006

T.G.I.FINALLY!

The weekend is finally here and we once again survived the crazy, hot, and humid week. Today I was able to go to work and Seth was able to go back to the sitter for the day. I called our sitter and told her my mother thought that she was a saint after she watched Seth for four hours. She had new found respect for all child care givers in the world. She had to admit to me that watching my little bundle was extremely tiring!

Anyhow, back tracking a bit, on Thursday Seth and I traveled up to Lowville to visit my grandparents and go to the Lewis County fair. I'm not much of a fair goer, but this is once again a tradition and I am learning as I grow older that you "Can't monkey with tradition!" My grandfather has a green thumb and he plants, grows, and arranges flowers. He loves to submit his arrangements to the fair and he once again was awarded first and second place for all of his arrangements. I was pretty proud of him!



Thursday evening we went to a retirement party for Roland's aunt/godmother. Aunt Jan lost her husband about 5 years ago and about three months ago she met a wonderful man and has fallen in love. We are so happy for her. She has now sold her home and decided to retire and enjoy life. I think it sounds like a hell of a plan. Like I am saying more and more, you only live once so do it up! This is a self portrait of Seth and I. My face is looking a little greasy so ignore that please, it's so damn hot out you just can't control it!

So this weekend we are busy but not too busy. Saturday morning we are going to the CanAm parade in Sackets and then having what was supposed to be a small dinner party, but has now turned into a rather large friend get-together of about 11 plus us. The more the merrier! Sunday we have no major plans, I'm dying to go Letterboxing so hopefully we can pick one and head out for an adventure!

2 comments:

AMANDA said...

Sounds like a good weekend!

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»