Tuesday, July 18, 2006

It's a Good Day for a Parade!

We have come to the conclusion that Seth may turn out to be a pool junkie, he totally loves to be in the pool and he isn't afraid to splash himself and everyone around him. Well, the temps have finally cooled a bit and we aren't instantly dripping when we step outside today so that is the good news. I got a phone call late yesterday afternoon from my sitter. It was a little startling because rarely does she call. Oh, first of all Seth was with me at the time. She asked if Seth was sick and I said no, so she proceeds to tell me that the "Hand, Foot, and Mouth Virus" is going through her place. This virus causes rashes in the mouth and on the skin and it is spread by putting your hands in your mouth, thus the name. Seth was supposed to go to the sitter today because I was working so I panicked, but I'm learning to calm myself. Of course I instantly called my mom and she was soooooooo wonderful to offer and sit for Seth this morning. Well, if you don't know my son Seth, then you aren't aware that he can be a handful in the mornings. So I left for work at 7:45 and arrived home at 12:30 to see my Mom looking completely exhausted. For someone who never takes naps, she said she was headed home for a nap. Mom, I owe you BIG time, thank you soooooo much! What would we do without our Mom's and Dad's, they are the best.

As soon as Seth wakes up and so does Grammy, we are headed to the Lewis County Fair Parade, a long running family tradition. We go every year and it is the best parade there is. Just to give you a little background, Lewis County is pretty red-neck country, eventhough I am from there, and people don't mess around at this parade. Lawn chairs, cars, and such are parked on Main Street by 10 am in the morning for a 7pm parade and people bring large plastic bags because of the amount of candy that is thrown out. I use the candy that I get from this parade as treats for my students and it lasts half the school year. Hopefully there will be some pics to come of our parade festivities!

1 comment:

AMANDA said...

I love that Seth loves the pool, and he looks like a little stud muffin in his float.