Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Our Gingerbread Experience

This year I thought it would be fun to buy the little gingerbread village to do as a family. Well let me just tell you that putting together the houses is not as easy as it looks and after building three houses I junked the other two and cut our losses. So we had three little houses to build and what an experience that was with two children that LOVE candy. I really don't think that Seth even cared about what candy was on the houses as long as there was some left over to eat. When Leah caught a glimpse of the candy tray it was all over, that was all she wanted. It also took us two days to complete this activity, but it was fun nonetheless.
A child's dream tray!
Who ever creates the frosting needs to revamp it, it is so hard to work with...YIKES!
Day 2 and with different family members!
Let the decorating and tons of candy eating begin!
Pretty minimal, but they turned out super cute!
Candy eating in full force!
We also made little treats for Seth's class. I put Justin and Joan right to work. No free dinner for them!
Later Seth and Justin read on the couch, it was priceless and I loved it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh yes, the dreaded gingerbread house making...I think they are so adorable, but such a pain!! Maybe it will be better when the kids are older?? -Meredith

The North Country Sweets said...

they are sooo cute! I also love putting everyone to work, you are too funny

Mom xoxoxo said...

Looks like a wonderful evening, nothing like being with family! Love you everyday, Mom xoxoxo

KristenC said...

HAHAHAHA--I know, I am sooo mean! Can I just say, "we told you so!"hehe It looks great, as long as you had fun making it, that is all that counts!