Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Obsessions

You know how we all go through phases whether is be with food, clothing or even activities? On my long ride in today since we were the only school that seemed to be open and on time, yet the roads were horrible. I had extra time to think more of my random thoughts that you all love so much. ha ha! I thought today about how I get hooked on certain things and become borderline obsessed with them. Sometimes I joke that for certain aspects of my life I could join a support group for my obsessions. Here are a few of the obsessions I was thinking about on my ride in this morning...


* ARGYLE
I love argyle socks, dresses for Leah, tights, sweaters for Seth, sweaters for myself and even Roland. I love argyle!

*PAISLEY
I love anything paisley and I am desperately looking for a new comforter for my bedroom in a dark red paisley pattern!

* POLKA DOTS
Leah has tons of clothes with polka dots on them. She has shirts, tights, leggings, you name it!

* PINK & BROWN
If you know me at all you know I should join a support group for this one. Leah's room is pink and brown, her 1st birthday party was themed pink and brown and she and I have tons of clothes that are pink and brown.

* LEGGINGS
Don't worry I don't wear them, but Leah has at least 6 to 8 pairs and I love her little leggies in them. They are the best article of clothing invented for little girls.

* HERSHEY'S CANDY CANE KISSES
If you haven't tried them yet and you love Peppermint Bark candy then head right to the store and buy a bag. They are delicious and totally addicting! My mom loves them too so when we go over to her house she has a bag to help with the cravings.

* THE HOUSE ALL LIT UP
You name it, I have lights on it in our house this time of the year. Every room has some sort of decoration with lights on it. We have a full village in the dining room, lit up trees all over, snowmen that light up, etc.

* FIRE BOAT RED BY COYOTE MOON VINEYARDS
This is my newest wine craze. I tried this wine in the summer when we went on our yearly wine excursion, but now they sell it all over Watertown so I can pick up a bottle anytime I want. Try it, it is great!

*FAMILY MOVIE NIGHTS
This time of year is so cold, wet and dark that I love to just stay home and have family movie nights. We did it over Thanksgiving vacation and watched Santa Buddies and next weekend we are doing it again and watching either Christmas Vacation or A Christmas Story. I can't wait to snuggle up on the couch with my wonderful family!

* OIP PIZZA
If you haven't tried our new pizza place in town TRY IT! It is called OIP and it is delicious. Their wings are baked and then grilled...so delicious and their pizza is out of this world! Can't wait for Friday night to order from them!

I have a ton more strange and unusual obsessions, but I won't bore you with all of them! What are some of yours??

4 comments:

Jen said...

I actually have the exact opposite problem. I fail to become obsessed with anything, and always seem to be on the look out for new things to eat, drink and otherwise fill my life with. I think my life would be a bit easier if I could just focus on a few really great things instead of always needing to try something new!

I have seemed to focus on Cabernet as my drink of choice lately though, yet so far I haven't found one brand that I love any more than another.

Laurie said...

Argyle and paisley! You are so ready for your 80s party!

Anonymous said...

I am obsessed with 16 and Pregnant now that Teen Mom is over. And baby feet. And Lush bath bombs. And fresh parmesan.mmm -Meredith

The North Country Sweets said...

OHHH can't wait to try that pizza!!! I agree with Laurie too! hahahha