Thursday, October 09, 2008

2 Types of People

I have come to the conclusion that there are 2 types of people in the world; the organized planners and the fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants non planners. If you know me AT ALL then you know that I am highly organized, with lists and bins throughout my house. At this moment I have a list going for Thanksgiving dinner, who to shop for for Christmas, who to order Christmas pictures for, who to make Christmas ornaments for and what I still need to get in terms of supplies for the baby. See, very very organized and anal you might say!

Now on the other side of the coin you have the types of people who drive me crazy. The type of people who don't return phone calls, emails, texts and who don't show up when they say they are going to. Seriously, this makes me want to scream and shake them! Today, this was our contractor and he got a firm phone call from the hubs after I had nearly given up entirely. So, what does he do, he's too scared to call Ro back so he calls me and I was so proud of myself. I firmly told him how it was going to be or else he was going to lose a job that was going to make him thousands of dollars. I came right out and said, "I know that contractors are of a different breed, a breed in which time has no importance, BUT I am a teacher and I run my life on a schedule, I need to know for DEFINATE when you are starting or else we will find someone else who wants the job!" All I have to say is yah for me!

Now we just need to wait and see if he follows through. So, if you are a non planner, god love you, but I could never live my life that way in a million years.

1 comment:

Sarah Richards said...

I am with you on that one!! I too am a planner and lister! That would make me sooo mad!