Friday, February 08, 2008

List

It is no secret that today I am officially joining the 30s club. So on the trip into work today I started thinking about my life and how wonderful and fortunate I am. I thought maybe I'd make a list of 30 things I am grateful for... (WAIVER: There are many many more than 30 things in my life, but for the sake of it being my 30th birthday I will limit it to only 30 today!) If I leave anyone or anything out then I'm blaming it on my old brain for today.

In no special order except for the first I am thankful for...

1,2,3: Seth, Ro and Rocky! I could never have asked for a better family. I am truly lucky! Seth, you are such a blessing and you make me laugh on a daily basis. Ro, I will never be able to express how appreciative I am that you are my partner. I look forward to growing older (not old) with you!
4, 5: My family immediate and distant. In-laws, parents, step-parents, siblings, aunts, uncles and on and on and on. I am lucky to have such a large family base.
6: My mom who has always been there at my best and at my worst. I can always count on you and you are so appreciated! Thank you for always stopping in and checking on us! Seth does rat you out now too!
7,8: My grandparents who, for 30 years call me on my birthday morning and sing their hearts out to me. I thank them for so many wonderful memories over the past 30 years.
9: My brother who has turned into an amazing man, a 21 year old legal man who I am so close to. I love our brother sister bond!
10: My step-siblings near and far along with my in-law siblings near and far! Family matters the most!
11: For nieces and nephews. Being an aunt is great and watching Seth interact with his cousins is priceless!
12: Friends near, far, close and lost. I won't name names, but I value all of my friendships and those of you who have stuck by me for I truly hold near and dear to my heart. I thank you all for sharing your life with me! To many more fun filled years!
13: My job of 8 years which I truly LOVE!
14: The people who work with me day in and day out and see all my quirkiness at its best! I used to be called the decoration nazi, but since I have mellowed quite a bit.
15: My house which we said was only going to be a starter house, but we have transformed into a keeper!
16: My new truck which is amazing in the snow and makes me feel safer than any vehicle I have ever had. Jeep Commanders Rock!
17: Dr. Pepper fountain soda. I have to put this in because it literally makes a bad day turn into a GREAT day!
18: Mini vacations and grand vacations. Any way you spin it, they are memories to be cherished. Let the countdown to our Florida trip begin...
19: Girls nights out! Love them!
20: Good health. Say no more!
21: New holiday traditions. Thanksgiving at our house and Easter in Albany!
22: The bloggie world. I am able to stay close to friends far far away on a daily basis.
23: My computer and camera without both I would be lost. It is my creative outlet.
24: Date nights with the hubs! Quiet slow eaten meals just the two of us!
25: Renovations to our house now and in the future!
26: Being fortunate enough to be able to travel many many places in the past 30 years and to many many more experiences in the next 30 years.
27: Music and dancing. Crank that ipod up in the kitchen and watch us go...
28: My smut TV and soaps. I'm a hopeless romantic!
29: Family again!
30: Friends again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rock on girlfriend!! Happy wonderful fabulous birthday!! Welcome to the thirties club!