Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Calm, Cool and Collected

We've had a little chaos here today, but I'm so proud of myself. The old self would have been in a tizzy and stressing, but the new Jen rolled with the flow. Ro woke me this morning to tell me that we had no hot water. What can you do but wash your hair in the tub with cold water and get ready. I went to work and called my Dad who we call McGuiver because he can fix anything. He was nowhere to be found so we moved to plan B. We called Ro's friend Casey and he came to relight the pilot light. So now we have hot water BUT we also need a new water heater ASAP because it is leaking and stinking up the basement. We have our trusty plumber Greg coming over tomorrow because it is pretty nasty down in the basement and their is a suspicious extra water heater behind the broken one. This house never ceases to amaze me!

So in short, I am proud of my calm, cool and collected behavior today. It's a brand new Jen!

1 comment:

AMANDA said...

Good for you! Do you have any pointers for me?