Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Happy 59th Wedding Anniversary!


Today celebrates a VERY special day! 59 years ago my grandparents were married on what I am told was a very snowy April day! It warms my heart to think that two people whom I love so much have shared their life and have loved each other for so long. Through children, grandchilden, great grandchildren, ups and downs. What a life they have had and still have! My grandmother is 79, now how many 79 year olds out there email, ride their bikes, sing in the community chorus, etc. still??? Next year I think this is so neat, my Gram will be 80, I will be 30, my Mom will be 55, AND my grandparents will celebrate their 60th Anniversary! What a year it will be, we will have to party our way through 2008!
Last night was a whirlwind. The house we had planned to look at already had an accepted offer so we scratched that idea. Ro never got home from work until 6:45, so Seth and I ate dinner and then ran to the mall to return a shirt. When we got home we grabbed Rocky and took a walk around the block before dark. Before we knew it it was time for jammies and bed. I slept like a log because I was still recooperating from the weekend. Now today is cool and gloomy outside. Where is the spring sun??? Come out come out wherever you are?
Tonight we have no major plans and if the weather stays this way we won't get out to walk either! I'm getting a little annoyed with the TV channels lately too. It is only April and most of my favorite shows have been running reruns for over a month now. Come on, where are the new episodes of my favorite shows? One Tree Hill, Grey's Anatomy, Gilmore Girls, Desperate Houswives...

2 comments:

nina beana said...

i don't really know your grandparents too well, but every time i see a picture of them, or hear a story, all the love that they have for each other and for you guys always comes through. they are certainly young at heart, and full of joy.

Anonymous said...

You're grandpa is such a cutie. I'd stay married to him for that long too! Too bad he got married 30 years before I was even born!