Monday, June 30, 2014

Farewell

 Let's just say it's been a wonderful ride. We are so blessed to have met and been able to spend almost 9 wonderful years with The Castana Family. It was an instant friendship from the moment we met. From watching our boys become friends to the births of our daughters, deployments, family milestones, vacations together, dinners and so many memorable moments that I couldn't begin to remember them all. I feel so blessed that we were able to share our lives with this family and to say that they will be missed is the understatement of the year. Friendships have come and gone throughout my entire life and that's ok it's all a part of growing up, becoming an adult, but I know in my heart that we will be friends our entire lives. Kris and I joke about living in a retirement community together some day, sitting back in our rocking chairs with our cocktails.
 I'm not sure who this move will be harder on the adults or the kids. We are all so very very close that there will be quite the void for a while until we all adjust. We are lucky to have had this long of a time with a military family and I am grateful for that time we were given.
 We are excited for all of the adventures awaiting Kris, Lee, Jake and Linds, but hope they know they will always have a home in Watertown, NY.
Best of luck, you will be missed more then you'll ever know.
This is also me signing off on my blog for the summer. I have two cute Charlton kids to make memories with so I welcome you back in September when I report all of our summer adventures.

No comments: