Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Spirit Filled Day

 I took a personal day yesterday to attend our friend Zeke's Change of Command Ceremony on Fort Drum. I wasn't able to go when he went into command so I was very excited to be able to attend yesterday. We were able to attend a small ceremony before the COC and our friend Lisa was given an award for her volunteer work and dedication to the troop as well. I am such a sap that I got all teary eyed when they spoke about her and her hard work along side her husband. The ceremony was very interesting and I really enjoyed all of the traditions, the Army band and watching our friend Zeke in his element. We thank you Lisa and Zeke for including us in this special day.
 In the evening I attended a fund raiser for Stage Notes. It was wonderful to hear all of the cast sing, have a good meal and enjoy chatting with some different people. Our two favorite babysitters/friends sang and sounded gorgeous too. We are certainly going to miss Johanna in the fall as she goes off to Florida Gulf Coast for college.
At least Sara will be in NewYork and comes to visit often. Yay.

No comments: