Thursday, September 04, 2014

We're BACK! JULY RECAP

 As always I took the summer off from the blog to enjoy my time with my family. The summer certainly started very sad with our close friends moving away. We had a tough first week, but we had many many people checking on us and keeping us happy and busy while we adjusted to their absence. Roland also had an idea to rent a cottage on the lake for the 4th of July for something new and different. Lots of family came to visit us and despite the windy conditions while we were there we made the most of it and had some great experiences.
 Welcome Home Uncle Justin...we were/are certainly happy to have you back in our daily lives.
 While we rented the cottage we brought our boat over and were able to go out on the 4th late in the evening to see all of the fireworks from neighboring cottages. It was one of my favorite parts of the summer. Being out in the middle of the lake seeing the sky lit up was truly amazing.
 Seth handed out programs at Les Mis and we thought the show was spectacular.
 Seth went to basketball camp in Sackets Harbor with some of his basketball buddies from Watertown.
 We took a day and drove to Syracuse and biked the Onondaga bike trail. Grandma Barb got a little kooky.
 It was a little different without The Castana's and The Sweet's at the fair parade this year, but we still had a blast and even spent the night in Lowville.

 I talked some of my friends from work into trying the SUP class and we all LOVED it. It was such an amazing night and I was able to go a few other times over the course of the summer. I love SUP.
 We spent a couple of afternoons over at Aunt Krista's pool this summer and the kids loved swimming and spending time with their cousins.
 One of the many days on the lake, but a pretty amazing day if I say so myself.
 We took a trip to MA to see our life long friends The Gilbert's. They rented a house on Plum Island and I think this was my all time favorite part of the summer. We ate, drank, swam, watched the kids played and just chilled out with our friends. No stress, no drama, just fun.





 On the way home from MA we stopped in our favorite spot...Lake George.
 We also went to The Magic (creepy) Forest one last time.

Baseball finally ended at the end of July too. It was a long season, but Seth really loved it.
I have a few more important July pics, but here is a glimpse for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful month of July! So many fun activities and lots of family and friends. Only one things missing...us! I just know we will have our summers together again, someday!! Love you all!!
Kristen