Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Bum Award

The official BUM Award for the month of November goes to...my husband Roland! You might wonder what is he getting this prestigious award for? Let me tell you a little bedtime story.

On November 13th I was awoken at 4:30am by Roland who was in a serious panic. He tells me that someone is in our house. I'm up, but not awake. I jump to my feet, shut off the fans so I can hear better. I hear nothing, but I'm still pretty much dead asleep after a long day of conferences. I turn the light on, grab the phone and listen in a panic. Roland grabs a flashlight and the bat from under our bed and waits at the top of the stairs, listening. He hears noises again. At this point he is scared, scared enough to tell me to call 911. Holy crap I've never had to call 911 before. Within 5 minutes there are officers outside our house searching the premises. Then they come in and search the entire downstairs. They find nothing, but are happy to have checked it over for us. Better to be safe then sorry.
Fast forward 3 hours and I get a call on my cell phone from Ro. He thinks he figured out what the noise was that sounded like someone breaking into our house...a mouse fighting for his life.

Side story: Ever since we put on the addition out back we have had a mouse problem from time to time because it was built without a full basement under it. Last Friday night while Ro and I watched a DVRed episode of Glee we see a tiny little mouse run across the carpet (gasp). To make a long story short we trap the mouse behind the entertainment center and set traps. He gets away so we set traps in all the cold air returns. We catch one Monday night and then last night apparently a new mouse gets caught and fights for his life trying to get out of the trap causing enough noise to wake up Roland who then thought we had a burglar. Who knew a disgusting mouse could cause so much drama?

Main Idea of the story...I'm flipping tired today since I've been awake since 4:30am.
2 mice dead, don't mess with us!
Don't try to break into our house either. We have a bat and 911 on speed dial.

No comments: