Sunday, July 01, 2012

Southwicks

Our group of friends planned a big camping weekend last weekend. I am not a camper so I said I'd come for the day and let the boys stay and rough it, but come home with Leah in the evening. I was pleasantly surprised that after our day at the beach, the campsite was actually really nice. I told my friend Jen that I might actually stay one night next time. Baby steps for this girl.
The kids had an absolute blast at the beach building sand castles and playing in the waves. I had a ton of fun in the water until I realized that after an hour in the waves the inside of my suit was completely green from the seaweed in the water. Gross to say the least. 
 The kids enjoyed each other and built all sorts of castles and buried each other.
 After a long day in the sun we headed back to the sites where the kids ran wild, played in the open grass and rode their bikes around the loop. It was a great spot.
 These two little ladies had no nap, played non stop all day and it only took them ten minutes to fall dead asleep on the car ride home.

1 comment:

The North Country Sweets said...

soooooooooooooooooooooooooo much fun!!! Can't wait to do it next year!