Thursday, June 21, 2012

Girl Time

 I love my family dearly, but sometimes you just need "girl time". This was the second year in a row that Kristen and I have planned a NYC Girls Weekend. She is so kind and always lets me accomplish my many bucket lists. So this year I had a ton on my list and we actually got to it all. I was shocked because it was a big list of silly places I wanted to see. She even stepped it up and got us tickets to be in the audience for the talk show The Chew. What an amazing experience and fun way to start our trip. We also had the amazing Smith Sister's as tour guides. Becky and Laurie graciously took us all around NYC for two whole days of fun. I'm sure Laurie would not say that she had fun after the crazy blister she got after day one and Becky might never let me ride in her car after day 2, but let's just say we ROCKED NYC. Check out The Chew on August 6th and look for us all in the audience.
 After our five minutes of fame we walked to Dash, the Kardashian store in Soho. I just wanted to say that I went because I'm a silly reality junky. We checked it out and it was over priced and there were far too many people working in a little store.
 We caught a glimpse of The Naked Cowboy in Times Square.
 On Friday we went to Ellen's for lunch and the best part of the whole lunch was when they granted my request and sang "Don't Stop Believing". Everyone in the restaurant sang along and it was so much fun.
 As if we didn't eat enough, right after lunch we walked to Serendipity for frozen hot chocolate. I'm not a huge chocolate fan, but boy was that yummy.

We also went to Dylan's Candy Bar, Chinatown and Little Italy and YES we ate at every single stop we made. If you see me biking or walking for the next few weeks you know why. It was a truly wonderful trip with some rocking ladies whom I adore. Next year will be a huge challenge to make this tradition continue, but we will make it happen even if we have to fly from separate states into the Big Apple, it will happen. A GREAT big thank you to our wonderful husbands and grandma's for helping to make this happen too. Without you all this mama would have had to stay home. THANK YOU, I love you all tons!

3 comments:

Laurie said...

I actually did have a lot of fun! Once I wrapped the bejeezus out of it, I didn't even remember it was there. I think my favorite part was dinner Fri. night...I love dining and drinking al fresco in NYC! If not NYC next year, maybe Kansas City!

The North Country Sweets said...

Hmmmm, no photos later on in the evening?? LOL...looks like fun!
KC has a lot of yummy restaurants! I can see you guys tearing that city apart! :)

KristenC said...

OH Don't you worry, one plane ticket for me to NYC, we can do it! It was so much fun, I will never forget it!