Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Through the Eyes of a Child

Growing up my brother and I were 9 years apart in age so when we would take trips to the zoo I really did not enjoy it, but now that has come full circle. I LOVE to take my kids to experience new things and I LOVE to watch them when they see something new and exciting. This was the case this week when we went to the zoo. Seth has gotten to a point where he rushes through many of the exhibits so I have to call him back and make sure he has seen everything well. Leah is another story. She is so focused and you can tell that she is really taking it all in. I love to watch her!
This lion was right up to the glass so not only were the kids amazed, but the adults were too!
Leah and Marianna are 6 weeks apart in age, but in this picture, Leah looks much younger. I love that I captured them holding hands.
Seth and Lucy have been friends since they were only 4 months old. Look at them now!
I love that I was able to spend a day with my two favorite kids in the whole world.
I can't believe that in only one more year these four four year olds will be in school. Time has truly flown by.
Leah was amazed by the penguins. She watched in amazement as they swam and dove into the water.
Check out Seth's super sized smile!
This tiger really does look real.
Don't you wonder what she is thinking about?
Marianna is such a smiley girl!

I had the most amazing day with my kids. They were awesome all day long and I can't wait for summer vacation to spend every day with them just like this!

4 comments:

Mom oxox said...

Wow I didn't realize so many kids went.What a fun day looked like they all had a blast.!! Love you everyday, Mom oxoxoo

KristenC said...

Great pictures--what a super fun day! I can't wait for you to be on summer vacation!

Jen said...

Sometime, we should do a weekend trip to the Buffalo zoo. You would love it!

Ashley said...

Looks like you all had a fabulous time! I, too, can't wait for summer vacation!