Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Dear Diary #2

I know I said I'd only write once a week, but maybe if I write I will start to feel better. Here goes...

Dear Diary,

The rollercoaster that took a break for most of yesterday has recharged itself and has been moving at full warp speed for the past 16 or so hours. I am at a loss at this point. I'm sick to my stomach, food turns me off so I'm forcing it down, I'm going to the bathroom literally every 10 minutes when I'm awake and every two hours when I'm trying to sleep. Sleep has become a foreign concept at this point and I think that if I were able to sleep for a bit that I would feel ten times better.
I'm bummed because I was supposed to go into work for a few hours to make some extra money, but I couldn't even get out of bed this am. Ro took Seth to Pat's for the day and I'm desperately saying my prayers and hoping to feel better soon.
Before Seth left this morning he yelled up, "Feel better mommy!" It broke my heart! So at this point I'm trying to think positive thoughts ( a friend told me a positive attitude equals positive feelings so I'll try that!), drink as much as possible and eat as much as I can muster. I know that all women go through this, but when you are deep in the midst of it you feel like you are dying and that you are the only one. So for now I'm thinking positive thoughts! Please send some vibes my way!

JLC

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, Jen, I am sorry these days are so difficult. Try and keep your mind focused on the bigger picture and that wonderful addition you will have to your family at the end of this! It will all be worth it in the end. Again, I know that is so much easier said than done. Try and rest today and remember that it is ok if that is what you need. Mommies need rest too! Seth will have lots of fun today and you can take some time for the things you need as well.

Sarah Richards said...

you know they say that the more sick you are the healthier the baby is! You can bring Seth over here anytime you feel really bad and I will watch him for you so you can sleep!

nina beana said...

i feel your pain, mama! you are SO not alone (if that makes you feel any better). my stomach has been giving me trouble all day (maybe i shouldn't have had indian food for breakfast with a diet pepsi at 5:30am????) and i'm paying the price.

just know that we're in this together! love you!