Monday, March 03, 2008

Sing w/Me!

Highlights from our trip to NYC this weekend...

Grease is the word is the word that you heard...
Go Grease lightning your burning up the 409, Grease lightning go Grease lightning...
Summer loving had me a blast, summer loving happened so fast..
Your the one that I want, you are the one I want ooh ooh ooh...


Sorry, but these are the songs running through me head at the moment because it was the most amazing show I've seen and we had the most amazing seats you could ever ask for! We waited on line at the TKTS ticket booth in Times Square to try and get discount tickets and boy did we hit the jackpot. We got box seats at a value of $250 a ticket for the more reasonable price of $66 per ticket. I could have spit on the performers we were soooooo close. Not that I ever would have because they rocked! I felt like a VIP in our own little box with a closed curtain and all. It was an amazing show and I would highly recommend going to see it.
OK, so to back up a bit. We left about 8:30am on Friday morning and rocked out to some old school tunes in the car. My personal fav was when my brother sang "Jesus Walks" by Kanye West. He knew every flippin' word and I laughed my butt off. We also, of course sang "Living on a Prayer"! We got to Fordham at about 2:30pm and walked around until Chris got out of class. Then he took us to his apartment which is only about 5 feet from the campus, very cool location.
Later we took a walk to the real Little Italy which is in his neighborhood in the Bronx. We went to this little italian bakery and I got this..

It was as good as it looks!

Saturday we got up bright and early to catch the 9:40 Metro into Manhattan. We saw all of the major sights, walked around for 7 hours, ate and shopped!


Times Square


Chris, Justin & I in Times Square

Naked Cowboy up close and personal! It was like 10 degrees out and his nipples were sticking out like rocks. I don't know how he does this in the winter.

World Trade Center Site/Ground Zero
Bubba Gump Shrimp

Run Forest Run!
Stupid is as Stupid Does!

I May Not be a Smart Man, but I Know What Loves Is!

Thank you again to our Gram and Gramp who gave us money to eat like kings at Bubba Gump, thus the drinkies and shots!

Pic from the Top of the Rock (Rockefeller Center)
If you look closely you can see The Empire State Building in the background lit up in red. It was hella cold & windy up there that night too!

M&M's World Yankee Style

Check out the price per pound... yes that says $9 a pound! CRAZY!

If I could post all my pics I would, but I think you can get a glimpse at what we did ALL day on Saturday. It was my best trip to NYC thus far, very laid back and mellow. I have to thank my cousin Chris for being an amazing host and tour guide. It was a truly memorable weekend! Next time Ro is coming with me, I missed sharing all of the exciting experiences with him! My little bro took good care of me though!

PS- Happy Birthday wishes go out to our friend Rod Voss today! I hope you enjoyed your boobie cake. Your wife is crazy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had an awesome time. I'm SO jealous of you. Next time.. we should have a couples weekend down there. I've never been.

Sarah Richards said...

Hey I agree with Jen!!!! Couple's weekend sounds like a great idea. Looks like you had a blast!