Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Trying Something New

 We decided that it was time to get Seth more involved since he is such a die hard sports enthusiast. We signed him up for soccer at the Y and asked Leah if she would like to try it in her age group. She responded (with attitude no less), "Well, I know how to kick so sure." We went shin guard shopping and the kids were psyched. Leah was up first and I walked her in and we instantly saw a mom and little boy we knew, but Leah burst into tears. She was so scared, scared like I've never seen her before. I knew she would love it if she gave it a chance so I basically took the class with her and stayed on the field the entire 45 minutes. She was smiling a little by the end, but I'm not sure she is in love. We will keep trying and hopefully next week I can exit the field. Seth on the other hand LOVED every single minute of it and even scored 5 goals. Leah took the hour that Seth played to eat snacks and drink out of her water bottle. She was much more happy on the bleachers.
Until next week...

No comments: