Friday, May 31, 2013

Fun Friday Facts

* It's been a very busy week full of golf, soccer, music class, planning for Grandma Charlton's birthday, keeping my mom calm while her pool gets an overhaul and working.
 
* I don't feel like I am getting enough sleep even though my eyes are very heavy at 9:30pm and I fall off to dreamland.
 
* I have received the most wonderfully amazing news that our dear friend Nina is successfully pregnant after going through the process to become a surrogate for a couple whom can not have a child. This experience and what she is doing for two human beings is beyond words. We love her to the moon and back and think she is such a wonderful person. We look forward to seeing the entire Gilbert clan when they come for our yearly reunion in August. I'll be drinking for both of us, but I think I can handle the job.
 
* My brother Justin will be leaving in September to go to Oxford in London for 9 months and we just got word yesterday that Joan landed a job in England as well next year at a school as a lacrosse coach with other responsibilities. We are so thrilled for both of these amazing people. Experience life and fill those bucket lists.
 
* The boat is in our slip and we hope to make the 2013 maiden voyage this evening. It has been scrubbed and only needs to be vacuumed and mopped. Pictures to follow.
 
* The Relay for Life is fast approaching and is only two weeks away. We had to make a very difficult decision this year and after a ton of deep thought we came to a decision that made the best sense for our family. Seth has a Stage Notes recital on the same night as The Relay, but we decided that taking part in The Relay was much more important for our family this year and every year. He will miss his recital, but we had a long talk with him and he agreed that it was more important to support Daddy. He even said, "There will be more recitals Mom." I thought that showed definite maturity. Ticia fully understood and we both teared up as we discussed the fact that we will have many more recitals until Seth and Jack reach their senior year. We feel so blessed to be a part of The Stage Notes family and look forward to many years ahead.
 
* I'm obssessed with three things right now...
 
1. Reading. Since Ro got me a Kindle I'm a reading maniac and I love it. I've read some great books and I'm always looking for new suggestions.
 
2. Music. There is some amazing new songs out right now and I love singing at the top of my lungs (while I'm alone of course). Some of my favorite tunes right now are...Taylor Swift ~ 22, Avril Lavigne ~ Here's to Never Growing Up, Florida Georgia Line ~ Cruise, Macklemore ~ Can't Hold Us
 
3. Almond Crackers. Blue Diamond makes these gluten free almond crackers and they are the yummiest little bits of heaven. It's the small things that make me happy.
 
This weekend will be full of (hopefully) boating, family, wine and catching up on some rest. Here's to it.

2 comments:

nina beana said...

just catching up on your blog...love it so much! thanks for the shout-out...i appreciate your love and support so much! i couldn't do this without friends like you lifting me up and encouraging me. love everything you have going on...let's make an official countdown soon! xoxo

nina beana said...

ok, evidently your blog does not want me to comment. i hope you can see these, because you are probably laughing! :)