Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Christmas at a Glance

 I was completely lazy and enjoyed every single minute of my vacation so I decided to not even turn on my computer for over a week. It felt GREAT. Now, I'm way behind in sharing all of our wonderful holiday moments. Let's just say this was the BEST.HOLIDAY.EVER. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful family. We split it up perfectly this year and every night spent celebrating with family rocked. We started out with my Dad and Sue and had a Buckingham fish fry. It was delish and I am proud to say that I ate my weight in fish and cole slaw as always.
 Next up was Christmas with Mom, Tom and Justin. We even topped it off with a snuggly Christmas movie. The kids received the bean bag chairs they so desperately wanted and couldn't have been happier.
 We managed to squeeze some skiing in between all of the celebrations too. Leah still isn't convinced that she like skiing, but we will keep trying.
 Christmas Eve brought the pageant at church. Seth asked NOT to be an animal this year and his wish was granted. He was one of the Wise Men or as he called it "The Red King". He was very brave in front of a packed church and we couldn't have been more proud.
 His sister thought he was pretty cool too.

 Leah was so good at church. We had to be there super early and then sit through the mass. She was in the pew for about an hour and a half.
 After church we headed to The Charlton Christmas. I have to say I think it was the best Christmas we have ever spent all together. We laughed so much and had a wonderful time.
 The kids had so much fun together and Leah even got Uncle Brad to change her dollies diaper.
 Christmas morning brought letters from Santa and so much excitement. The kids were so appreciative and Roland and I sat back and smiled from cheek to cheek. We are so lucky.
 Santa brought Leah a giant doll house which I secretly love more than she does. I tidy it up every night when she goes to bed.
 My favorite gifts are always the homemade ones from the kids. This year they were so amazing. Seth made his hand out of clay and then painted it to look like Santa. It turned out amazing.
 Leah even made her first ornament from Nursery School and it brought tears to my eyes.
 Seth was so excited to get his Steeler's jersey.

No comments: