Tuesday, January 22, 2013

MLK Weekend of Celebration

We pulled off the super special 85th birthday surprise and my Gram was the happiest I've seen her in a long time. She was thrilled that we all showed up and brought a big feast. It was so wonderful to hang out like old times with the whole family. Some of my BEST memories ever are at that house. I only wish that at each birthday the years would start to subtract now. Love her to pieces.
Also, I think we might have won some type of award for the loudest household during the SU game.
With Leah's new hair do she definitely looks just like I did at age 3. I love this drawing my grandparents have in their dining room.
It was a vest kind of a weekend. I picked Seth up one at Crazy 8s during their big sale and of course in our house as of yet if one gets something the other wants it. It is kind of late in the season and I couldn't find one for Leah so a special friend came to the rescue and now both kids have vests and are thrilled. Too bad we are currently suffering through arctic temperatures and I can't let them wear them this week.
Happy vest girlie.
Yesterday we had a day of play. We watched Lindsey for the day and it was honestly the easiest babysitting ever. The three kids played and when Seth got sick of the girls the two of them played so well together. I cooked and baked all day for Seth's big birthday celebration tomorrow. Let's just say that I'm an over achiever mom this year. He is bringing in a treat for school, Pam's and for music class. He won't have any room for his special dinner. I love to make their special days extra special. They won't be little for long. Sniff sniff.
Bean opened the bathroom door at 6:23 this morning and wanted to sit on the toilet and chat. I'll take it. Love this girl.
Now onto the big birthday week.

1 comment:

KristenC said...

Thank you for letting Lindsey share a special day with you! She loves you all!