Friday, May 13, 2011

Tips on How to Stay Young

One of our teacher aides passed this to me today and it really made me smile and think so I thought I'd pass it along to you too!

How to Stay Young

1. Throw out nonessential numbers: This includes age, weight and height (I totally love the height one since I am super short and some of my 5th graders tower over me.) Let the doctors worry about them, that is why we pay them.

2. Keep only cheerful friends: The grouches pull you down. (Cheers to my closest girls who keep me smiling; JV, KC, LS, AB, EM, MD, BN, NG)

3. Keep Learning: Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever. Never let the brain idle.

4. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath.

5. Enjoy the simple things.

6. The tears happen: Endure, grieve and move on. The only person who is with us our entire life is ourselves. Be alive while you are alive.

7. Surround yourself with what you love: Whether it's family (My family ROCKS!), pets, keepsakes, music, plants or hobbies. Your home is your refuge.

8. Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve get help. (We are so grateful for good health currently...thank you God!)

9. Don't take guilt trips: Take a trip to the mall, even to the next county or to a foreign country, but NOT to where the guilt it.

10. Tell people you love that you love them at every opportunity!

3 comments:

Mom xoox said...

All soooooooooooo true!!! Love you everyday, Mom xoxoox

The North Country Sweets said...

I love this! And I LOVE you! My poor kids get told I love them so often they are going to be disappointed that not everyone hands out the snuggles like candy, LOL
thanks for sharing!!!

Sandi said...

I love this. I wish that I could follow all of them, but sometimes life gets in the way. I do think it's certainly true, however, that if you surround yourself with positive people, things are much better. Thanks for posting this.