Monday, May 16, 2011

Our Rainy Weekend

I am trying DESPERATELY to stay positive, but all of this rain is starting to get to me. I didn't take any pictures this weekend. We were super busy, but there wasn't anything worth while to take photographs of, but here is how the weekend went down...
Friday night we drove to 5 stores looking for an 18 inch bike for Seth. Yes, he is a giant and needed a new bike for the third year in a row. 18 inch bikes must be popular this year because everyone was out of them. We gave up on Friday night, but I sent Roland and the kids to Super Walmart in Leray on Saturday and hoorah...they found the last one and it was yellow just like Seth wanted.
Saturday morning was our annual garage sale and for the second year in a row it rained and I'm not talking a little rain, I'm talking downpours of rain. Thank goodness people who garage sale are die hards looking for bargains. They didn't disappoint and I sold a ton. I think I will open it back up this Saturday for a few hours and try to sell a few more items.
Saturday night Kristen had a Pampered Chef party so all the girls ate, drank and shopped while the boys hung out together and watched the kids. They definitely deserve a guys night soon.
Sunday we headed out and stocked up on the plants for our garden. Last year we waited too long and couldn't find certain veggies we had wanted to plant. We are all set for this year now! Roland also got his fishing license so as soon as this rain STOPS, he and Seth are set to fish all that they want to.
Sunday afternoon my mom and I suited up in our rainsuits and went to walk in the Melanoma Walk at the park. A friend of mine lost a dear friend to the disease so we try and walk in it yearly to support our friend and the cause. It was super rainy, but we felt so good after we did it! The Relay for Life is next and we have tons to celebrate this year. Roland will also be able to walk in the survivor lap and we have a rather large cheering section coming to support him!
This week consists of...dinner with Kristen tonight, my Mother's Day massage, Seth's swim class, Seth's kindergarten screening, Mother/Daughter Day, another poker run, but with the kids and Date Night to wrap up next weekend! What a Fantastic week ahead despite the rain!

3 comments:

Jen said...

I'm not generally one to be affected by the weather, but I have to say that this never ending rainy season is starting to wear on me. My raincoat only matches with so many outfits!

KristenC said...

I love this picture of Bean!

The North Country Sweets said...

I'm getting exhuasted! lol!