Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Holiday Momentum

I have felt a little out of the holiday spirit until just recently. I think since the whole season just snuck up on me RIGHT after Thanksgiving it has taken me more time this year to get in the spirit. I think I'm about there and I don't feel in such a rush anymore. My Christmas shopping is about 85% done with just a few little things to get and a few various stops to make. I am all caught up on my wrapping and I can actually sit down at night and play with Seth instead of running around like my head is cut off.

I am truly enjoying Christmas through Seth's eyes this year. Every little thing means so much to him and he is taking it all in daily. He enjoys watching Christmas movies, baking with me, he LOVES Santa and all of the lights and decorations. I feel blessed to be able to experience it with him.

He is also learning so many new things all the time now. He wants that independence yet he doesn't want to take the time to let us teach him. Pat is able to help him more than we are so that is a welcome help.

I picked him up from Pat's on Friday and halfway home he says to me...

"Mommy, I have a secret!"
So I say, "What is your secret?"
"I put my coat on ALL by myself!"

***This is a task we have been struggling with, but low and behold, he can now put his coat on ALL by himself and he is so proud!

He is growing up so fast!

Back to my holiday ranting... We are very much looking forward to the following things in the coming weeks:
* Dinner with friends
* The Pepsi Christmas Party
* My Gram's Holiday Concert
* The Charlton Christmas
* Cookie making with Mom
* Play dates with friends
* Seeing family we haven't seen since the summer
* Lights on the Lake
* Watching Christmas movies as much as we can
* Christmas Eve festivities
* Giving gifts
* Christmas morning breakfast
* Having 2 WEEKS OFF
* Enjoying our new room and staying in our jammies all day during vacation
* New babies being born in the next week or so. (Waiting on you Sarah!)

I'm sure there is much more, but I'm blocked for now. We have tons to look forward to!

1 comment:

Sarah Richards said...

Too funny! I am so not in the holiday spirit this year...I do however enjoy seeing Morgin get so excited over Santa and the Christmas Tree!