Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Just Breathe

I feel like I have been going going since we got home last Friday. This is the first time that I have sat down to think it all through. We had a wonderful vacation in Florida. Seth truly enjoyed every moment and we enjoyed experiencing it through his eyes. Here are a few of the 100 pictures that we took!


There are a million more, but I won't bore you with them. It was a great trip, we ate, drank, played etc. to our hearts delight. It was good to come home and it is good to be back into our routine.

Unfortunately on the last day of our trip Tom's sister passed away. The funeral was yesterday and now we are trying to remember that she is at peace and in a better place.

We are also tackling potty training. We are trying to remain POSITIVE, but we know this will be a long hard battle. We have come to the realization that there are 2 Seth's. The one Seth that goes to Pat's house is very cooperative and pleasing. He will go potty with no tears and has no accidents. The Seth that comes home is not so sweet, likes to cry and carry on and will not sit on or go on the potty. I have to keep smiling though I'd rather cry and I do know that this too shall pass and he will train eventually, but we are NOT giving up. We threw out the diapers last night and we are moving forward. We actually put them in the closet, but he thinks they are gone :) Say some prayers for us in the next couple of weeks!

2 comments:

AMANDA said...

Great pictures.
I wish you the best of luck with the P training. People always told me that boys are easier to train than girls. However, Grace got it down pretty fast. Denny will be 3 next month and we are still working on it.
Good luck mama.

Anonymous said...

I'm sending good training vibes your way. Just know that he's COMPLETELY normal and all kids are exactly like this. Keep a calm head, they can sense when you're stressed and they tend to act worse. Just know.. I'll be doing the same thing in just a few more months.